Saturday, November 5, 2011

They Don't Write Like Andy Rooney

I've just read that Andy Rooney has died at the age of 92.  According to reports, he always wanted to work until he died. 

I've always enjoyed Andy's commentaries.  I just did not want to have to sit through the '60 Minutes' broadcast in order to listen.  I admire people who have the ability to say what they think and suffer the consequences if need be for doing so.

Andy was a writer long before he became a media star on '60 Minutes'.  He wrote for the shows I grew up watching on TV, like Arthur Godfrey and Garry Moore.

Today, everyone can be a writer.  Just look at me sitting here at my computer expounding on whatever.  And people read this stuff.  Go figure.

Anyway, I often comment about other peoples' opinions when I blog.  Just the other day I cited the moron who thought roundabouts were perfectly OK, it's that drivers are bad.  Guess we really need those 'self-driving' cars of the future.

I always question the thought process of these people.  And I wonder how they are actually able to write a letter to the editor.  Just this week someone wrote to a paper saying that there was nothing wrong with Mullin receiving a severance package for quitting her job at Wayne County because it happens all the time.

Really?  Will someone please tell me where I can get a job for a couple of years and then get a multiple of my salary for quitting?  As someone said to me the other day, 'Who would ever stay at a job if you could make more money by quitting?'

These people write letters and express their opinions, but the bases in fact for what they say seems to be missing.  Just what are we teaching in school nowadays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.