Sunday, November 27, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

My oldest son came home from Texas for the holiday.  I say 'Texas' but in reality he spends more time out of the United States than he does in it.  He supervises workers in India and Malaysia and his boss lives in Ireland.  The internet has truly changed out world.

Anyway, he was with a friend on Friday driving down Walnut Lake Road and went past the former Green School.  When he got home he asked when was the name changed to Sheiko?  I began to tell him of the name change controversy, but before I could finish he asked, 'Did she die?'  I guess I am not the only one who thinks that we should be naming buildings after dead people unless there is another reason to do so - like maybe the person building it names it after himself, ala Donald Trump.

On another topic he asked why after four days at home I had yet to say anything about Town Hall business.  I explained that life is much more pleasant when I do not think about the chaos in that building.  I mentioned the 'driving' incident and the excuses offered by the Supervisor's husband and my son asked 'Why, if they had two sick children, were they even going out, let alone to a Kid Rock concert'?

As I said, 'out of the mouths of babes'.  At least the ones I think of as 'my babes'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.