Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Fashion Police on Patrol

I received an email this weekend about a certain politico's 'inappropriate' attire at a community event.  Not being at the event myself, I cannot comment directly, but the outfit was described as 'beach wear'.  I suppose the fact that there was a beach nearby might have made it 'appropriate'.  Pictures anyone?

What I can attest to is the inappropriate attire I saw at the hospital the other day when I was there for some tests.  Having gotten up early to put a coat of primer on the south wall of my house, I then came inside, showered, dressed, and headed out the door.  Tests completed and rather tired, I decided to eat my lunch in the cafeteria.

As I was walking down the hall to leave, I saw a woman in front of me and wondered 'who's the hooker?'  Really.  She was wearing a VERY short (think barely covering her butt cheeks) skirt, black sheer patterned hose, and high heels.  Imagine my surprise when I saw her turn to the woman she was walking with and realized that she works at the hospital.  I know because I have seen her there when I volunteer.  Today I asked someone what department she was in.  They too mentioned the outfit on Monday.

I have blogged before about 'casual day'.  It has never been my favorite day of the week.  But I am pretty sure the hospital still has a dress code.  When I was chosen as a volunteer, I was given a blue jacket and told to wear dark pants or skirt, white blouse and black shoes.  Oh, well, she did have two out of three of those, didn't she?

If she had been my subordinate, she would have been sent home.  I was embarrassed.  And she should have been.  Or this is just another indicator of my 'getting old'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.