Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still Breathing

Hmmm.   It's Tuesday, May 24, 2011.  Guess we are all still here. 

Doomsday prophet Harold Camping claims that he 'miscalculated' the Doomsday date by five months.  Considering that our modern day calendar did not exist when the Bible was written, maybe we should cut him some slack.  Right.

Way back when I was in junior high, I was running for Student Council.  While I could locate no internet reference to the prediction, I remember that there was talk of the end of the world on a certain Friday.  We used the slogan 'The End is Near', since the day to vote for the Council leaders was the same day as the doomsday prediction.  We thought we were being clever and, obviously, the prediction was wrong.

Assuming we are all still here on the new doomsday date of October 21, 2011, then we can wait for December 21, 2012, when another doomsday prediction looms. 

Me?  I'm not changing any plans.  Life is what it is and I have no control over what happens in the Universe.  One of my mottos has always been, 'If I can't do anything about it, then I don't need to worry about it'.  It's worked pretty well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will try to reply on this blog and visit your blog when available.